This year at the 4-H Snack Shack at the Sevier County Fair, we will be featuring snow cone flavors designed by YOU! On June 12th there will be a contest for any youth wishing to participate. Call the Extension office beginning May 7th to sign up for a time to present your snow cone flavor creation to the judges. The rules for the contest are as follows:
Snow Cone Recipe and Rules
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Boil water and sugar stirring the whole time and then add your flavoring. I usually make 8 cups of water and 8 cups of sugar and that fills up one of those snow cone bottles with the pump. A small sample for the contest is all that is necessary, though.
1. Must be an original flavor
2. No caffeine or harmful additives
3. Must have a recipe typed up to give to the judges—We need EXACT measurements, so we can re-create the flavoring.
4. Come up with a fun name for your flavor—that is the name that will be used at the county fair concession booth.
5. Must use non-perishable ingredients so that we can store it for a long period of time without refrigeration. (ie, no milk, creams, eggs, etc)
6. You may create as many different recipes as you want, but you need to present each flavor separately.
7. You will be responsible to give a little overview of your snow cone flavoring and why and how you came up with it and its name. This will be done in front of the judges.